If anyone follows me on Twitter (I tweet A LOT) then you may’ve noticed my excitement for Fall. Admittedly, Im writing this in August as I was convinced that August marked the start of Autumn (maybe I got confused by the similar names idk). But people associate August with Autumn right?! Imma go ahead with the blog post anyways…
Personally, waving goodbye to the months that causes places to sweat that I never thought possible, is a godsend. Summer’s a time when you more often than not, smell B.O on public transport, feel more body conscious and look at shaving your legs as a CHORE.
As you can tell, I’m not a fan of the warmer months. So you can guess my levels of ‘omfg I’m so happy‘ when it became the 1st of August. Also, it was 100% satisfying that this year, it was on a Monday. I love Autumn.
If you’re a fellow fan of the fall, (alliteration at it’s best, year 7 English teacher will be proud) let me know in the comments below or share this around to find other lovers of everything Autumn! If you’re not so fond of this season, by the end of this – YOU WILL BE.
Everything’s so pretty
Autumn gives us the perfect combination of colours. Oranges, reds, mustards, and browns. BROWNS. I mean, any season that makes brown look inviting/warm needs a medal, because let’s be honest, it’s poo colour.
2. Meaning everything’s so much more Instagrammable 3. The conkers 4. The kicking of pretty leaves
Beware of hidden dog poo (You’ll never look at a mound of leaves the same)
5. Crisp Mornings 6. Prepping us for Winter 7. Rain making everything prettier
Rain in summer makes everything ugly. But rain in autumn, ER MA GOD. I feel like it has the same effect like rose water on eyeshadow (any beauty gurus out there, u feelin me?)
8. Not sweating out when the suns out 9. The belly-warming food 10. All the cinnamon/pumpkin/apple flavours 11. The hot drinks
Pumpkin spice latté. Do I need to say anymore?
12. The return of the coats 13. The fluffy socks & slippers 14. The oversized jumpers & blankets 15. The cosy hats/gloves/scarves
Is it not obligatory to basically get a new wardrobe for autumn?…Why did we all hate putting gloves, scarves and hats on as a kid?! I feel like we hated them to the same degree as going to sleep at night and, well, look at us now. Napping at any opportunity & getting our cosy garments out ASAP. Weird.
16. The candles 17. The baths 18. The STAYING IN & it being acceptable
19. The pumpkin carving 20. HALLOWEEN 21. The festive decor
22. Berry lips 23. Amber/Rusty eyeshadow 24. The 5th of November 25. The sparklers 26. The clocks go back
An extra hour in bed. Are you still arguing that Autumn isn’t the best season?
27. THE BAKE OFF IS BACK 28. Cuddling isn’t a clammy mess 29. Movie nights are daily (and acceptable) 30. The countdown to CHRISTMAS can begin!
There are my 30 reasons as to why Autumn is the best season out of the lot. Do you agree? Which points were you ‘YAAASSSS’-ing at? Or is another season the front runner for you? Let me know in the comments below and be sure to RT/share if you were high-fiving me throughout.
I couldn’t let Autumn pass without doing a post dedicated to it so I hope you understand the slight change in blog style. Let me know if you enjoyed it!